Caring for All
Higgins Brothers Surgicenter for Hope provides care to the Haitian people who live in rural regions surrounding Fonds Parisien. With annual earnings of less than $500, medical care is beyond reach for nearly all of our patients. Thankfully, generous donors and volunteers ensure the campus continues to be a destination for health, healing and hope!
Since the opening of the Surgicenter in 2016, services have expanded to include a variety of Specialties, including:
- 24/7 Emergency Medical & Trauma Care
- Obstetric & Gynecological Surgeries, including C-Sections
- Elective Thyroid, Breast & Abdominal Surgeries; Wound Care
- Urological, Hernias & Hydrocele Surgeries
- Vascular Access Surgeries for Dialysis
- Dental Clinic with Restorative Procedures
- Family Medicine & Community Health
- General Medicine, Pediatric, Maternity, HIV, Surgical & Urological Clinics.
The Higgins Brothers Surgicenter for Hope provides many opportunities to help the underserved people of Haiti. Over 100,000 patient visits have occurred since our Surgicenter and clinics opened for continuous 24/7 patient coverage in 2018. We have performed over 2000 operations since that time, involving general, vascular, obstetric, gynecological and urologic procedures. We have also delivered roughly 2000 babies as well.